Freedom's Raw Recipes

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Cashew Coconut Halos
They're round, white, and when you take a bite you'll think you've gone to heaven... they're cashew coconut halos! If you have a dehydrator, go make now! Quick!



Ingredients:
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup fresh cocnut meat, roughly chopped
2 medjool dates, pitted

Instructions:
Place the coconut meat in a food processor and mince until in fairly small pieces. Grind the cashews to a fine powder in a coffee grinder then add to the food processor and process until all combined with the coconut. Add the pitted dates and process until they're nicely chopped up and minced through as well. Form the mixture into small cookies, place on a mesh dehydrator sheet and dry for up to 18 hours until they are very crispy around the edges (the length of time will depend on your dehydrator and how moist they are, which in turn depends on your dates and coconut. Check about about 10 hours, and then every few hours after that).

Yum!

Edit: I forgot to mention that this makes about 10 'normal' sized cookies, (I guess that's a rather subjective term) depending on how much of the mixture you eat before it gets dehydrated! :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    damn! i wish i had a dehydrator :( how would they work in the oven, turned down low?

     
  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Freedom said…

    Hey Michelle, Yes I am very glad my parents bought me a dehydrator for my birthday and gave it to me four months early :-)
    I have never tried the oven technique although I'm sure it would definately work and not be a problem for you, as you're not 100% raw. They would take a lot less time in the oven and would not be raw, but would probably taste about the same.Give it a try and let me know how they turn out!

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    we need to be friends!!http://suvine.wordpress.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home