Freedom's Raw Recipes

Sunday, September 24, 2006

ABC Soup
This is like alphabet soup but only the first three letters... and a zillion times better tasting! And there's two Cs not one. Okay so maybe it's not that much like alphabet soup. But make it anyway!



Ingredients:
1 medium carrot
1 large rib of celery (with leaves!)
about 1/2 a small beetroot
about 1/3 of a medium avocado
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 spring onion chopped

Instructions:
Chop the carrot and beetroot and push them through a juicer, then push the celery through too - this should leave you with about 100ml of juice, so if you don't have this much add a little more of whichever veggie you would like. Pour the juice into a food processor and add the avocado, then process until it is the most beautiful smooth creamy consistency - add more avocado if its not creamy enough. Pour into a bowl, sprinkle the parsley in the middle and drop the slices of spring onion around the outside. This makes for stunning presentation, but make sure to mix all the parsley and spring onion through as you eat, cos it tastes great!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just found your blog and I think it is so great you have made the choice to be a raw vegan at 17. I am 15, and I am a vegan. I always like to use raw recipes when I can, and your blog has so much insperational. I must try your soup.

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Freedom said…

    Thanks Kate, I'm so glad I've inspired you! Let me know how the soup turns out.

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger zenpawn said…

    OMG! Quite independently (I promise), I created a soup on the same theme, including name. Guess there's nothing new in the world.

    http://www.zenpawn.com/vegblog/2007/04/14/raw-alphabet-abc-soup

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Jenni Shortt said…

    pretty!

     
  • At 12:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am so happy to see young raw vegans! My heart is so full of love for you!

    Eatlovelivelove.blogspot.com <3 <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home