Freedom's Raw Recipes

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Blackberry Mousse



This is delicious, with amazing texture... and what could be better than purple food?

Ingredients:
1.5 - 2 cups of berries (I have tried mulberries and blackberries, mulberries was my personal favourite but I imagine any other berries, eg blueberries or raspberries, would also work!)
2 medium avocados
1 banana
1/2 a very large mango
2 medjool dates

Instructions:
Remove the seeds from the avocados and scoop the flesh into a food processor. Remove the seeds from the dates and roughly chop them, then place in the food processor with the banana and mango. Process all of this until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides if necessary. Then add the berries and process again until the mousse has a uniform colour.
Serve with a sprinkling of berries or some banana slices on top. Can be eaten on slices of apple, rolled up in green leaves (eg bok choy) or with a spoon! :-)

4 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Jennie said…

    Hey Freedom, this looks beautiful. Can't wait to give it a whirl. Mmmmmm. xoxo

     
  • At 1:14 AM, Blogger Taelia said…

    Hi freedom~ that looks gorgeous.I copied and pasted it so I can prepare. Yer pancakes are yummy too btw.

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger VeganCowGirl said…

    I love this!

     
  • At 5:13 AM, Blogger greenkaty said…

    Hi freedom. I have tried this recipe - you made it years ago at a raw food picnic! I remember enjoying it, and the colour/texture was a definate winner. :-)

    kathy aka aztecbabe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home